2011 has been a year of change.
With the year halfway over, I can confidently say that I have discovered myself, that I have reached into the deepest parts of my heart and prayed for healing, and that God has delivered that healing.
1. I have seen change the most in my relationship with God. I can feel Him and it’s incredible. I started writing in a prayer journal and continue to read scripture every night. I know I will never be where I want to be spiritually. Are we ever? I don’t think so. There is always room to grow. But right now, compared to where I was and where I have been, this relationship with my Father is taking my breath away.
2. I have written a lot of posts about body image, posts that remain unpublished in my Drafts folder. I can’t bring myself to publish them, mostly because they are extremely personal and hard for me to admit. But they are there, and as I was reading them last night, I realized that I am no longer in that dark place of hating my body. God has truly answered my prayers and is healing my heart.
3. Less personal, this blog has reached a solid 75 Followers. Hold the phone, 75?! I never imagined such a day. What keeps you reading? It has to be the Utah posts.
4. Speaking of body image, this year I have lost around 30 pounds and have signed up to run my first half-marathon. I am excited and nervous, but mostly proud of myself. Will you come cheer me on? I’m going to need encouragement around mile 8. (Not to be confused with that Eminem movie. Or wait, that was 8 Mile.)
5. I know me. I know what music I like and I listen to it. I know topics I am interested in and I research them. I love my Jesus shoes and I don’t care that my friends make fun of them. I am me, I love me, I know me.
And I’m pretty fabulous, if I do say so myself.
2011, you have been a year of enlightening change so far.
I can’t wait to see what the next five months have in store.