Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Swisserland

"I can hardly believe that was my life," I reminisced aloud of my semester abroad to Levi as we drove to Sonic for happy hour. I was tagged in a slew of pictures recently--ones of my three week backpacking adventure across Europe after spending an entire semester in Greece--and as I scrolled through the images, me in front of the Eiffel Tower or eating a waffle in Belgium, none of it seemed real.

It must have been a dream, a dream that started in Interlaken, Switzerland.
 
We stayed in Interlaken for two nights, taking day-trips to nearby villages such as Spiez (for the castles!), Basel, and Grindelwald (the best!) We ate too much (swiss) chocolate, munched on (swiss) cheese and bread on train rides, and stayed at a cute little hostel with an elderly woman, who we named Heidi.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

 
 

 
 


The mountains were the most glorious thing I have ever seen.

Switzerland was a dream.

1 comment:

Well what do ya know? You like to leave comments and I like to read them! We are the same, you and I.