Thursday, August 11, 2011

They Make Me Want To Be a Better Person

lovelove2 
I’d never given much thought to the connection I’m able to have with kids until a friend pointed it out to me.

“I never really hang out at the campus house,” I was saying to her over Tropical Smoothie flatbreads and smoothies.

“I know, you’re always with the youth group. But you are so good with them. I could never relate to them like you can.”

That’s the first time that I thought of it as a gift, being able to relate to kids. I thought everyone had that ability, maybe because it just comes so naturally to me.

She’s right though, I am good with them, and they are good with me. We connect, we share, we laugh, and it’s awesome.

And you know what? I would rather hang out with the youth group all day then spend time with other college students.

They are like a breath of fresh air.

I’m grateful for the summer I got to spend with them and I pray that I helped minister to them, even if it was in a small way.

 

 

I amal and Austin, this post was for you. You are still in the youth group, you know. (YOU MADE IT ON THE BLOG!)

1 comment:

  1. Working with and relating to kids is such a gift but such a responsibility. Praying you bear the mantle well, friend, and that He grows you even as He uses you to grow them.

    ReplyDelete

Well what do ya know? You like to leave comments and I like to read them! We are the same, you and I.