Let’s face it, I’ve been in school for the past 16 years of my life, so school has been my life and I have been learning a lot of things about a lot of things. And because I attend a Christian school, I have learned many faith based things as well. And because my faith based school gave me opportunity to travel, I learned much about the world. But I will say that there are some valuable life things I did not learn in a classroom.
For instance, I’m 90% sure I could intubate a patient because I have seen it done 7,000 times on Grey’s Anatomy. If that’s not legitimate medical knowledge than I don’t know what is.
More importantly, I have learned from an older sister that spanx and a pair of high heels make your waist look skinnier and your legs look better. These tidbits come in handy when you’re sitting at a wedding (minus the “plus one”) eating three pieces of wedding cake and sulking that you’re almost 23, a college graduate, and still single as a piece of Kraft cheese. Of course, that’s never happened to me…
I’ve learned that a perm is never a good idea, plucking your eyebrows must happen weekly, Vaseline is good for the lips, a peanut butter milkshake never hurt anyone, Coldplay can move one to tears, babies always smell good, and an Instagram selfie with 30+ likes can boost self-esteem for a week.
Try learning that in a classroom.
Milkshakes never hurt anyone amen! & I'm pretty sure I could intubate someone too!
ReplyDeleteHaha, ain't it the truth. Thank god we have about ten different magazines to help us with those!
ReplyDelete"single as a piece of cheese." bhahahaha i love it.
ReplyDeletelove your thoughts! *a new reader : )
ReplyDeletePreach it, Autumn - that's truth right there!
ReplyDelete